For my last learning post I decided to make Denver sandwiches! The recipe that I got offline was from all recipes.
I wanted to learn how to cook this recipe so that I could make it in the mornings at school. They are both healthy and delicious! The recipe that I found was also very easy to follow and easy to use. I have always loved breakfast food and have eaten these sandwiches at Denny’s on multiple occasions. I thought that making videos of me cooking it for this week’s blog post was a good way to document my progress of this meal! I made this meal for my mom, dad and myself!
I took a photo of the ingredients that I needed. For this particular recipe there were not to many things that I needed which was easy to cook! The ingredients included:
- 1/2 a cup of melted butter
- 1 orange and 1 yellow pepper
- 16 slices of cheese
- 4 eggs
- 1 onion
- 6 slices of whole wheat bread
Here is a little introduction to what I am going to be making for breakfast today!
Next I will go through the various steps of the breakfast
1.The first step of the recipe required me to cut the onions and the peppers into tiny pieces. I then put them into a pan where I cooked them on the stove for 7 minutes until they softened. I have also included a photo below to demonstrate how the onions and peppers looked when boiled. Here is the video of me cutting the ingreidents!
2. The second step of the recipe was cutting the cheese into 16 individual slices and placing them onto the bread so put on the pan. I then cooked them for twenty minutes. The cheese melted on the bread and were then ready to be eaten.
3. The third step was cracking the eggs into the pan on the stove and mixing them with the peppers and the onions. Once I mixed them I let it cook for 10-15 minutes until it harden. Once it was cooked I was able to place the eggs,onion and peppers on the bread between the two pieces of bread.
Here is a photo of my final product!
l was one of my favorites so far. It was so tasty and was something that I could easily make. I am always on a run to do things and because this meal was pretty easy to make it is a beneficial one for me!
Things I would do differently: I found that I didn’t cut the peppers into small enough pieces. They were fairly large pieces when I cut them which made it longer for them to cook. In the future cutting them down to smaller pieces is something that I would do differently. One other things I would do is cook the cheese on the bread for longer. I only cooked them for ten minutes which wasn’t quite enough time for them to fully melt.