This week I thought I would try a harder type of recipe and try Greek Ribs. I got it off of a really good recipe off of a Greek website. The website took me longer than I expected simply because I have never made a meal of this length or callabor. The prep work and cookning time of the meal was around eight hours. Needless to say, it was almost a full days work in the kitchen! I learned alot about making this meal and one of the main things I learned was how to cut the meat! It is definately a lot harder than I imagined. This meal will be something that is beneficial down the road as I start cooking more and more meals!
- 3/4th cups of oil
- 2 Tbsp oregano
- 5 cloves of garlic
- 1/4th cup of lemon juice
- 2-3lbs pork ribs
- Salt and pepper
Here is a photo of all my ingredients!
Next I will go through the steps of the meal:
1. First I had to cut each rib and seperate them. I also had to combine all of the other ingredients and pour them over the ribs after mixing them together. I had to make sure each of them were cut individually. One of the hardest challenges was making sure I didnt cut my fingers with the sharp knife!!
2. Next I put all the individual cut ribs into a pan all together.
3. Next I waited about 6 hours and had to let the ribs marinade all day on level low. I put the ribs in a big pot and put it on the stove. I also put salt and pepper on the ribs before turning the stove on. Before this however, I had to preheat the oven to 350 degrees
4. After the ribs soaked for six hours I transferred them into a bowl. I put the sauce that I mixed before together on the ribs and shaked the bowl with the lid on. I baked the ribs for about two and a half hours.
5. I made sure that I made some roasted potatoes and a ceaser salad to top the recipe off!
I was very excited to finally be able to make this meal! It was something I was very happy to be able to make. I thought that the amount of time the meal took was one of the hardest parts.